Curated By...Vol. 6 | The Common Creative: Curated By...Vol. 6

Friday, May 9, 2014

Curated By...Vol. 6

Hey Everyone, I'm back with another curated post with interesting finds from around the web! There is so much good stuff going on this week- I had trouble narrowing it down! But these are a few of the things that have caught my attention these past few days. 

1. I love the idea of creating cocktails, but since I don't drink alcohol, it makes for a problem when it comes to making fun new drinks. So I've been a bit obsessed with trying out non-alcoholic drink recipes and this one for non-alcoholic sangria is really looking refreshing right now!

2. Ok you guys, I have to gush a little. Our dad is amazing- he spent weeks working on a surprise crepe cake for M and I's wedding last year and it looked gorgeous in the end! It was one of the best surprise gifts I've received. The only problem was, I was was so full of nerves, I didn't even get a chance to enjoy it. And I've always wanted to enjoy a crepe cake as crepes are one of my favourite things! So my goal is to create a crepe cake sometime this year and this one from The House That Lars Built looks so beautiful! 

3. I've been enjoying the blossoms outside, but for those of you who have yet to experience blossoms this spring, this is a great way to bring the blossoms indoors. Such an easy craft, but so pretty and vintage looking. I feel like this is something that comes out of the Victorian era. Lovely!

4. If you like embroidery like me, you might feel incredibly inspired by this beautiful embroidered pineapple! While there's no pattern for this one, this blog is a great place to go for any kind of needlework inspiration. It's not in English, but the whole blog is filled with gorgeously delicate embroidered pieces.

5. I loved reading Mandi's post on camera lenses on A Beautiful Mess blog yesterday. I have wanted to get new lenses for years, but didn't really know where to start. This article gives a comprehensive overview of a few different basic lenses and their functions. 

6. It was so good to read Shayla and Tesia's article on respecting the Native American culture. This is a topic that can be very prevalent in Canada. As First Nations/Native American trends appear to be trending in the design world, it's important to think about the implications that this might have on a culture. Made me think about what I'm buying and where I'm buying from, for sure! 

Well, that's all, folks! I hope you have a weekend filled with delight and creativity. 

-Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...